Re: Anyone running 11.2.0.4?

From: Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 23:08:35 +0200

Hi,

I used it for a recent system deployment - we will go with 11.2.0.4.0 on Linux x86_64 for a project rampup phase starting thios Friday and hope not to regret it. It was solid in our first tests, and also the Grid Infrastructure (I'm using Oracle Restart for the system mentioned) was stable so far.

A first challenge was to change the IP address after deployment, worked flawlessly.

Cross your fingers for me. :)

Regards
Martin

Am 02.10.2013 16:11, schrieb Rich Jesse:
> Hey all,
>
> I see that 11.2.0.4 is out. As I have a new install coming up in a month or
> so, I figured I'd go that route instead of 11.2.0.3 (no, 12.1 is not an
> option).
>
> Anyone running this patch? It looks very "clean" with no major issues
> currently being reported on MOS 1562139.1.
>
> Also, has anyone installed something like this where the official supported
> version for their software (JDE in my case) was 11.2.0.3? I'm thinking of
> trying to get it blessed with a Special Dispensation from Oracle as a CYA
> move. JDE's somewhat DB-agnostic, so I wouldn't think any version would be
> a big deal, as it's pretty vanilla for most operations.
>
> TIA!
> Rich

Usn's IT Blog for Oracle and Linux
http://www.usn-it.de