Re: ORA-3135 Fixed by PC Restart

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 14:24:10 -0500 (CDT)

Charlotte posts:

> I've got a problem with a Windows 7 PC client (11.2.0.1) which after a
> period of time (days/hours) starts throwing ORA-03135 (after a hang of about
> 20 seconds) when I try to connect to a particular database (11.2.0.3).
> Restarting the PC always fixes the problem for a while but is not a
> convenient workaround.

Oracle recommends keeping the version of the client the same as the server, although I can't recall exactly where I heard that from atm... But since 11.2.0.1 is a base release, I would say it's prudent to patch that to 11.2.0.3, testing where necessary.

No, it's not really troubleshooting per se, but if it's painless enough, it might be a possible solution.

GL!

Rich