Re: Oracle RAC on linux using Virtual Box

From: Maaz Anjum <maazanjum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:25:47 -0400

You could also try the RAC Attack version of it. The idea sprang from the RAC SIG community, and we set up shot during various conferences (currently at OpenWorld) to get people to configure a 12c RAC on their laptops - the latter would be any machine :)
Although, I can't deny that Tim Hall's documentation is pretty slick.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/RAC_Attack_-_Oracle_Cluster_Database_at_Home/RAC_Attack_12c

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM, Steve Montgomerie <stmontgo_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Tim is da man when it comes to these kinds of installs!!
> Check this out =>
>
> http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/11g/oracle-db-11gr2-rac-installation-on-oracle-linux-6-using-virtualbox.php
>
> Steve
>

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > Need some help from Oracle RAC people who created the test environment on
> > Linux using Oracle Virtual Box.
> >
> > Here is my configuration
> > 1. Installed OEL 6 update 4 on Dell Server with software on Logical
> volume
> > as well as using /dev/sda1
> > 2. Also have /dev/sdb sdc sdd sde available where /dev/sdb1 is mounted as
> > /oravm1
> > 3. Installed Virtual Box 4.2
> > 4. While creating VM, i am stuck at the Storage screen as I select create
> > new virtual disk on /oravm1 but when viewing the partition layout, I am
> > seeing it is installing root filesystem and /home kind of using same
> where
> > I installed the initial server software like in Step 1. It look like if I
> > proceed, it will wipe the original Server Linux and at reboot will be in
> OS
> > state
> >
> > SO question is
> > 1 How to use /oravm1 to take selected 30G for OS software as well as
> > layout or create partition on /dev/sdc or so. I am not able to see
> anything
> > except /dev/sda while I am on partition layout screen and press the
> create
> > button
> >
> > Please help so that I can complete the setup. I earlier worked using
> > Virtual Bob on Windows and has not face this issue. First time using
> > Virtual box on linux and stuck.
> >
> > Please feel free to send email if I am not clear at any point or need
> some
> > more information or even screenshot for easy reference
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Sanjay
> > --

A life yet to be lived...