Re: Deferred segment creation and datapump

From: Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 18:37:15 +0100

Hi Norm,

Norman Dunbar schrieb:
> I'd be interested in hearing if you have had any success with a TT
> export using expdp/impdp and no database link. I haven't. Oracle Support
> say that it can't be done. If you know different, I'm all ears.

Exporting >5TB with expdp to ASM or a large file system works. I'm using PARALLEL for that, and a matching number of DUMPFILEs.

The time it takes is a different thing, but maybe it's something you can scale up with hardware if you need it frequently.

My major problem in this thread was that I responded to the wrong guy.

Dismissed
Martin

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de