Re: Deferred segment creation and datapump

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 09:57:51 -0800 (PST)

What specific 11.2 level are you referring to here?  Would be most troubled if this is seen on 11.2.0.3.x ( to me anyhow ).

Is this with expdp to file and then tables not there trying to impdp later to some other system?

  • Original Message ---- From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Fri, February 8, 2013 12:43:29 PM Subject: Deferred segment creation and datapump

I recently ran into a problem with datapump where empty tables where empty tables were not being exported.  We have a piece of commercial software that has a lot of tables, many of which we do no use. However, without those tables, stored procedures and triggers do not compile properly.  Some research showed that the problem was the deferred_segment_creation
'feature' in 11gR2.  So, I went ahead and turned that off (alter system set
deferred_segment_creation=false scope=both), and allocated extents on the applicable tables. So, my question is, does datapump have a parameter that can be set to get tables with no extents allocated?  Non-critical obviously, but I would be interested to know what the setting is if it exists.

--
Andrew W. Kerber

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l