RE: Burleson Tuning Script Collection Book

From: <oracle_at_ukcert.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 21:58:58 -0000

All good stuff.. Chrome is excellent for cloud work. However I find when with signing into google and performing a search that it slows down the search result, as the results are simultaneously recorded (which may also raise privacy concerns). Also google obfuscates the URLs when logged in so can't copy and paste links so easily.

I prefer to carry out web based research with ffox using the zotero plugin (http://www.zotero.org/) to enable web site archiving and recall - with third-party verified timestamp - just in case you want to prove web site x was publishing content y at time z. Handy for legal cases or just recording interesting blog pages.

Personally I can say that Don's postings have helped me in the past - though I have not used the perf scripts mentioned, so cannot vouch for them directly. People are free to publish on the www and to like what sites they want to. However email lists are slightly different, in that they are pushed to people's inboxes, so etiquette and accuracy etc is more important.

BTW for those upgrading to Java 7 in the future there are handy methods of carrying out Unix administration in case the SA is not available... http://kalali.me/introducing-nio-2-jsr-203-part-4-changing-file-system-attri butes-and-permissions/ --- advice is to make sure Java is running with least priv.

Enjoy