RE: Database creation question

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:10:02 +0000

Being that Oracle Text is not an extra-cost item and being that it is fairly common for someone to eventually want to use it I see no harm in having it installed and ready for use. We managed to not use XML till version 9.2 and when a developer needed an XDB package we had to go install it. XDB in turn required java in the database which we had not installed. So we had to install both which required getting maintenance windows on production. It the product is included with the RDBMS at no extra cost I think it is better to have it installed and ready to be used when needed than to have to go back and install it.

IMHO