Re: Reinstalling software on Exadata

From: Andy Colvin <acolvin_at_enkitec.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 17:37:44 +0100

Steve,
We'd need a little more information about what went wrong. Was it a filesystem issue on /u01 of one compute node? If so (and you don't have backups), you could remove the node from the surviving cluster, and add it back in via the standard addNode.sh scripts. It's (more or less) documented in MOS note #1084360.1 - this includes extra information, such as if you had lost the compute node entirely and needed to reinstall the OS. If it was a storage server, there is a method to reimage the cell. All of that said, I would not go through the procedure myself without engaging someone that has done it before (or Oracle support).

Andy Colvin

Principal Consultant
Enkitec
andy.colvin_at_enkitec.com