Re: RAC -- unable to Connect using service name

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:42:09 -0700 (PDT)

You can set up your sqlnet.ora file to automatically add that to the service name you specify.
David Fitzjarrell

 From: Krishna <krishna.setwin_at_gmail.com> To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> Cc: kathryn axelrod <kat.axe_at_gmail.com>; Chandra Pabba <Chandra_Pabba_at_verizon.net>; Oracle List <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: RAC -- unable to Connect using service name

Yes, I changed service name(to test.domain) in tnsnames.ora  and now I dont get that error.
Should I always use test.domain.com as service name? what changes should I have to do to avoid the domain extension in the service name??

please let me know

Thanks everybody for helping me...

krishna