Re: processes without sessions? (was: IO statistics of the ARCH process)

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 18:36:46 +0000

(resending to oracle-l)
Hi Martin,

The Oradism (ora_dism_SID process) is actually a fake background process which doesn't have neither a process state object (v$process) nor a session state object (v$session). It actually uses $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oradism executable (not the $OH/bin/oracle one and the process just renames itself to look similar to other background processes).

I remember, that the other process without a session was VKTM, but now on 11.2 I see it has a session too... might have been some bug (or maybe I saw it in my dreams or something :)

--
*Tanel Poder*
Enkitec Europe