processes without sessions? (was: IO statistics of the ARCH process)

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 07:51:52 +0100

Tanel,

one more good reason to have snapper with me all the time.

But here you made me curious with just one word: 'most' Do you know any background process without a session? It sounds scary! Shared Servers (MTS) comes to my mind, I just don't know what they do when no clients are connected?

thanks for any advise
 Martin