Re: delete obsolete for archivelogs

From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:32:23 -0400

The archivelogs (at least the older ones) have been backed up more than once. I tried the crossheck (even though Oracle seems to know where they are) but to no avail.

This morning, I have a large number of archivelogs that have been backed up (more than once) but not purged. I tried setting the redundancy to 1 on production (to match my test database), but still "delete noprompt obsolete" does not take care of my archivelogs.

However, if I say DELETE NOPROMPT ARCHIVELOG ALL BACKED UP 2 TIMES TO DEVICE TYPE DISK, it deletes them.

I may have to log an SR for this one.

>>It seems little obvious for me. How many times are you taking the backup
of the archive logs. In other terms, how are backing up the archives logs?