Re: SQL Tuning -- Tools

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:54:06 -0800

Bob,

 I am looking for SQL tuning tools. Four years back, I used to use LECCO SQL
> Expert Tuning which was very good. LECCO is brought by Quest Software, Inc.

All these "tuning" tools did was to check the object stats, provide options to change the hints and allow you to compare the estimated costs. If you are on 10g, the SQL Tuning Advisor does perform some sampling to determine alternate paths and provide at least some sensible advice. Needs the Tuning pack though... (i.e. not free)

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc

There is only ONE reason for the SEASON, and it certainly ain't " Happy
Holidays" :)

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **