Re: DATAFILE??

From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:46:40 +0100

On 20/10/05, Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I give myself time to study concepts manual of every major version of the database.
> I am still reading books in large quantities.

In that case you're incredibly lucky to have such an understanding manager who will let you take to the time to read up on the subject.

In my current job (and all of my previous one's for that matter) it typically goes that my manager walks up to me (distracting me from what I'm working on at the time) or sends me an email and tells me that he needs me to implement X (where X could be some Oracle feature such as RMAN or Partitioning or it couldbe some third party piece of software or hardware), by 3pm because that's when he's promised the Chief Exec it would be implemented by. The odds are that if I have any knowledge of X it only from some high level article or a stray mention on a course. Yes I do read up from the references I have and will search technet.oracle.com and other sites[1], but I might also post a question here and/or on Experts Exchange in the hope that someone can point me to the correct reference so save me some time following false leads.

Yu might think that i could reasearch in my own time outside of work. To be honest, after I've worked 15 of the 7.3 hiurs I'm supposed to work each day my priorities are food, sleep and sex (not necessarily in that order).

Stephen

[2] If you want a list with no RTFM questions then subscribe to that one, it only ever seems to get jobs ads[3], most of which I don't let through due to TOS issues.

[3] I sometimes feel like responding JAFA (Join A Fricking Agency), I don't like job ads on techie mailing lists.