Re: Vendors supporting patch levels

From: David Sharples <davidsharples_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:59:48 +0100

If it is a patchset and you have a bug which needs fixing, they will only fix it on the current patch set (which is fair enough)  Thats about the only limitation of it, they wont refuse to help you or anything like that. They try to make you patch your server before diving into deeply but a short repsonse of NO usually helps there.  The question - is this problem fixed in the patch set you are recommending usually makes them shut up (becuase if they cant say its fixed in a patchset, it isnt fixed)