Re: Vendors supporting patch levels

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:40:17 -0400

On 10/19/05, BP <brian.peasey_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone.
>
> I've haven't opened any TAR's yet but can anyone tell me how Oracle
> Support reacts when reqeusting help with an unpatched server?
>
> Brian

Brian,

There is a section in the form where you open an iTAR where it asks you to explain why the latest patchset has not yet been applied. By that, I do not believe that they mean the latest one-off patch - I believe that they mean the latest full patchset that is regression-tested. The one-off patches used to have boilerplate text of ~ "you must have located this via a specific bug" or something to that effect.

If you're still running a base release at this point, you're going to get grief.

Paul