Re: L2 cache vs. faster processor

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:09:59 -0700 (PDT)

marketing pop-ups here:

http://intel.com/business/bss/products/server/xeon/index.htm?iid=ipp_srvr_proc_xeon+xeon_srvr&

they state that the 4 MB 3.2 GHz Xeon MPs are 3 times as fast as the 700 MHz 1 MB cache model.

I have one more day to benchmark on a dual Opteron system before the eval system goes back. HP offers no 64 bit support for their integrated RAID controllers. "Oh, if you want to run 64 bit, buy an Itanium system".
Still run by them marketing types.

makes me wanna buy a Sun Opteron-based server.

post your code, and I'll run it tomorrow.

Pd