Re: Oracle 9i and connect as sys

From: Arup Nanda <orarup_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:54:24 -0800

Babette,

You can still achieve the objective using SYSTEM, which does not require a SYSDBA connection. Or for that matter any user with DBA role. The trick is a new privilege named "grant any object privilege"; any user with that privilege can grant anything on objects owned by other schema. If you don't want to use SYSTEM for this, you could create a special user and grant only that system privilege directly to it.

Hope this helps.

Arup Nanda

Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: orarup_at_hotmail.com