Re: Oracle 9i and connect as sys

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:29:24 -0800

Well, you don't need to log on as sys to do that. There is a new privilege in 9i (granted to DBA role, of course) called "GRANT ANY OBJECT PRIVILEGE", which enables the DBA to grant object privileges on objects belonging to other user. You can easily log in as "system" and grant select on sys.dba_views or whatever other table you need to grant.

On 2003.08.17 21:09, Babette Turner-Underwood wrote:
> Tim / Peter / Michael
>
> Thanks for the information. I was afraid of that.
> We have a patching mechanism and need to logon as
> sys to grant access to sys objects for part of
> the process. (to grant select on sys.dba_free_space
> and execute on sys.dbms_util).
>
> However, the patching mechanism only does a regular
> connect and not "as sysdba"--- DARN! - Will have to
> change automation scripts if we upgrade ... and I was
> hoping this would be easy to slide in :-(
>
> - Babette

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA
Author: Mladen Gogala