RE: HP-UX 11i/9.2.0.3/Upgrade Question

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:57:25 -0800

Hi All!

Actually, Oracle support came through on this one. They told me to find the object_id of the view using dba_objects, then delete any dependencies from sys.dependency$, and then drop the views. I can post the exact text from the TAR if there is interest.

And interestingly enough, this was a pre-production database so I checked production. Same problem is there at 8.1.7.4. Attempt to drop the view - ORA-600. But now I can fix it in the next maintenance window.

Thanks to All!
Mike