RE: lost datafile and checkpoing

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 13:56:47 -0800

What platform? On Unix the database is really looking at the inode of the file which did not change. What you'd have to do is bounce Oracle to get it to fail.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Author: Gurelei
  INET: gurelei_at_yahoo.com

Author: Goulet, Dick
  INET: DGoulet_at_vicr.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 16:56:47 CDT