Post IOUG impressions

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 13:51:37 -0800

Though I have only been to three IOUG conferences prior to this year's, I would have to say that this has been one of the best, if not *the* best, IOUG I have attended.

Great technical content, more than one person could possibly take in during the course of one week.

Even better though, I finally was able to meet many more folks that I have known only through email. It's nice to be able to put a face to a name, makes this feel more like a community.

Some of the people from the list I was privileged to meet for the first time in person:
Stephen Andert, Rui Marreiro, Jonathan Lewis, Paula Stankus, Ruth Gramolini, April Wells, Dan Fink, Wolfgang Breitling, Steve Orr, Cary Millsap, Gary Goodman, Anjo Kolk and probably others that I can't recall at the moment

If I forgot to mention you, or spelled your name incorrectly, sorry! It wasn't intentional!

There were many others as well. David Kurtz and several other folks from the UK, Richmond Shee, John Kelly, David Scott, Todd Hanson. Some of these may be familiar, maybe not.

And of course, there many of us that have met before, but it was good to get together again.

Anyway, it was a great conference.

If you wish to reply to this, I ask that you limit yourself to one post so that we don't get a wildly off topic never-ending thread that refuses to die. :)

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat May 03 2003 - 16:51:37 CDT