RE: Oracle Arm Twisting?

From: Conboy, Jim <Jim.Conboy_at_trw.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:53:40 -0800

"I've called Oracle for a TAR once in the past 18 months."

Ah, my friend, but you're not using Portal 9.0.2, are you? I've opened more TARs in the last few months than the rest of my Oracle career. Bleeding edge, I guess, so maybe its our own fault. But third-party support for this would have stopped the project before it got started.

I agree that its not accurate to generalize all tech support as nimrods. There are some very good ones out there, and even the rest at least have acccess to all the internal notes we can't get to (Grrrrr...why the hell do they show in metalink searches if we can't see them?). And the developers, if you can ever get to them, know their stuff and are a pretty decent bunch.

Jim

Author: Steven Lembark
  INET: lembark_at_wrkhors.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com