RE: RE: Silver vs. Gold support

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 17:37:39 -0700

RC/Godess,

Not sure if the above was sarcasm (which I love), but if not, I would guess that for existing customers, there will just be a change in terminology at some point, and you will talk about having "premium" support instead of "silver".

> >>and I pay for support

> || but they
> || desupport the products I have paid support for, and instead
> || of giving me the
> || new software release so that the support I paid for is still
> || relevant, they
> || will charge me for the update.

That would be my concern also. Presumably the 7% annual for "support" only (no upgrade) will be proportionately cheaper.

That presumption assumes a rational universe, however, which as you probably noticed even in your godess-like life, may be problematic in some cases.

> >>And not give me a prorated refund.

Oh no! don't you feel that you should simply be honored to have a "simple", but "rich" (whatever that means ???), set of "more flexible options" now? :)

> || Ya know, if I'm gonna get screwed I'd at least like to enjoy it

Well then, by all means don't take a government job. :)

regards,
ep

Author: Eric D. Pierce
  INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu