Re: Bug in sequence of trigger execution?

From: sushil shah <sushils_at_INDIA.MASTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 02:59:12 -0500

Hi !!!

 This is not the bug. Because when you click the mouse on any item, the mouse-click event occurs first as a result the focused is set to that iem which is new record instance.

Regards

Sushil

Date:          Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:25:08 -0500
From:          Powel Crosley <eclipse_at_USIT.NET>
Subject:       Bug in sequence of trigger execution?
To:            Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU>

Greetings,

Have a strange situation in Forms 4.5.6.3.3 under Windows 3.1.

One multi-record block with block level W-M-C and W-N-R-I triggers. Block has three important fields, two of which are regular items and the third is a poplist.

Navigation style is Same Record.

When I click on and "item" field the sequence is W-N-R-I follwed by W-M-C.

When I click on the poplist field the record is W-M-C followed by W-N-R-I!

This of course tends to modify tour functionality, or increase your code so you can handle either case!

Is this a bug? If not does anyone know the logic behind this?

Regards,

Powel Crosley                                   423.483.1939
Eclipse Technology, Inc.                        423.483.1873 Fax
eclipse_at_usit.net Received on Wed Feb 28 1996 - 03:16:03 CST