Re: YES! another SQL*NET v2 Question.

From: Mladen Gogala <gogi_at_ASTER.SI>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 09:27:17 +0100

Hi!
If we exclude probability of having faulty network (non-terminated ethernet  cable, broken modem, broken network adapter, ...) then it's fundamental incompatibility. It is well known, for instance, that SQL*Net 2.1 cannot use ORACLE*Names server on version 7.2. The reason is so-called "sqlnet.autentication_services" item, not recognized by earlier versions of SQL*Net. If your network sends good packets, then it must be sql*net. Whatever the case is, browse through sqlnet.log on your ~oracle/network/log directory. Try switching on sql*net trace and then see the ~oracle/network/trace directory.
Above all, have fun!
Kindest regards!
PS:
Kayne - male or female?

--
Mladen Gogala
ASTER Ljubljana

Tel  : ++386 61 1683-511                 Snail-mail:
FAX  : ++386 61 1683-165                 ASTER Ljubljana
Email: gogi_at_aster.si                     Nade Ovcakove 1
WWW  : www.aster.si                      61000 Ljubljana
                                         Slovenia