TRUNC function in SQL*Plus

From: Andersen Consultant <Jim_Fanning_at_WMG.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 08:49:15 EST

I am using TRUNC to try and get the Monday of a given week for any date I have in my table. TRUNC doesn't seem to be doing as advertised. Could anyone tell me if they get the same results, or if I'm reading the definiton of TRUNC wrong? Here's an example: select TRUNC (TO_DATE ('17-FEB-94'), 'ww') from dual; gives me 12-FEB-94. 17-FEB-94 was a Thursday, so the answer should have been 14-FEB-94. Does anyone know what's going on here? - Jim Received on Wed Feb 07 1996 - 09:57:27 CST