URGENT !! Help needed with SQL*NET -Reply

From: Andrew McAllister <mcallister_at_GRAD.MISSOURI.EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 08:05:49 -0600

You won't be able to connect with SQL*NETV1 on OS/2 if your don't have sqlnet V1 on your server. If it is running, you should be able to connect with a V1 connect string like:
t:machine.domain.com:ORCL

Where the connect string is of the form: protocol_id:machine:instance_sid

Other options: install SQL*NETV2 on client if available.

Though you didn't ask here's my opinion: You should NOT buy from anyone developing and marketing products based on DE-SUPPORTED drivers or software. Oracle has said (written) that SQL*NET V1 is not supported except as a migration path from Oracle 6 to Oracle 7.

Andy
Andrew McAllister -- Senior Programmer Analyst Office of Research, University of
Missouri-Columbia
McAllister_at_grad.missouri.edu

>>> Lee Robertson <Lee_Robertson_at_QSP.CO.UK>
02/05/96 04:07am >>>

     Hello Everybody,
                     I am in urgent need of some
advice. My company is
     giving a demo of their product and we need to
connect a client to a
     server via SQL*NET. Not hard I here you say.
Well, the problem is that
     the server is an RS6000 running AIX 3.2.5 and
ORACLE 7.0.16.6 with
     SQL*NET V2 whilst the Client has SQL*NET V1.1
for OS2. As I have only
snip Received on Mon Feb 05 1996 - 09:13:24 CST