Re: RESIZING ON-LINE REDO LOGS

From: Harald Wakonig <hwakonig_at_WAKONIG.PING.AT>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 15:57:23 -0500

Hi Ryan,

you wrote on 15.03.95, 09:33 on the topic "RESIZING ON-LINE REDO LOGS":

> easy way, or have a procedure for changing the on-line redo log size? I'=
ll
> probably bump them up to 5M if the same number of archived logs continues=
> be generated.

Just add the same number of NEW redolog-groups, then force some log- switches, so that lgwr is writing in the new groups, then drop the small groups...

you can do this IN the RUNNING system.... you only can't drop the current group, but you can leave this by forcing a logswitch.

Regards from Vienna,

Harald

## CrossPoint v3.0 R ## Received on Sun Mar 19 1995 - 18:41:51 CST