Re[2]: form_procedure

From: Beverly J. White <Beverly_White_at_ALOIS.UCSD.EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 12:23:00 -0800

     Monty Tompkins posted:
     If someone else already answered this I did not see it.  The
form_procedure table is a "data dictionary" table used by sql*forms30 to track stored sql*forms procedures. I am pretty sure it is managed from within sqlforms30 designer. I do not know if it is used when forms30 forms are stored in files and not in the database. There are several other tables which are documented in the "Form Storage" chapter of the sql forms 3.0 designer's reference.

If you don't save your form in the database, there are no entries added to the data dictionary. We only have three forms (version 3.0) in our database - they contain all the "library" procedures and triggers that the other forms reference. The remaining forms are stored as INP and FRM files. This works for us right now, but I don't know what we'll end up doing when we upgrade to forms 4.5 (hopefully this summer).

BTW, does anyone out there have comments/horror stories about upgrading from 3.0 to 4.5?

Beverly
bjwhite_at_ucsd.edu
"I've always been intrigued by women named BJ" --Fox Mulder Received on Mon Mar 13 1995 - 16:04:35 CST