trace file perm

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_COUGAR.VUT.EDU.AU>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 14:28:00 +1000

Hello everyone,

Env: Sun Os 4.1.3, Oracle 7.1.3

I've seen this thread before, but haven't found a solution to satify my needs. So here it is again - how do I make trace files readable by the public, or by those generating them?

Whenever I do this:

alter session set sql_trace true;

trace files are generated in USER_DUMP_DEST ($ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log) and have permission of 600 even though log has permission of 755. I don't like the idea of having to chmod the directory contents every day.

On a similar note, has anyone managed to get users to write to their own specified DUMP_DEST?

TIA,
Leng.
--

Leng Kaing, Software Consultant, VUT - Footscray Campus Dept of IT & S, PO Box 14428 MMC, Melbourne 3000, Australia Tel:(03)688-4368 Fax:(03)688-4800 Email:Leng=Kaing_at_vut.edu.au Received on Sun Mar 12 1995 - 22:37:50 CST