User talk:Frank Naude
Hello Frank, Thanks for pointing this out. Please tell me how to delete theses images.
- Hi DreamzZ, you can just upload new images. I will delete unused images. Frank Naude
Uploaded zip files
Hi Frank, what to do with these uploaded zip files not linked to any page that seems to only use OraFAQ as free space? Michel Cadot
- Hi Michel, we need to decide if it's useful keeping them or not. If not (most likely scenario), please remove them. If we keep them, we need to somehow categorize and document them. Best regards. Frank Naude 13:01, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi Frank, as most of the time the author does not do anything else than loading their files, it is hard to say what we can do with them. This morning Panada loaded a file named "User tables count.zip" which contains a script to count all row numbers in user tables. This issue has been discussed many times in Forum and many solutions has been provided (maybe I should create a Wiki page to bring them together, if this is not already done). This version does not add anything and is even less performant. So I think we can remove it. A month ago, Ssamiullah loaded a file named "Difference between 11i and 12i - v1.zip" which contains a paper (pdf) on Business Suite, maybe it is useful I don't know E-Business (not even the current version number). It ends with "This paper is submitted for the convenience of the Oracle Applications DBA’s by Syed Samiullah", does this mean we possibly can use it? Or is it just there because the author wants to be able to find his paper everywhere? Only the author can say. Michel Cadot
- I agree, this one should be removed. In addition, we should look out for copyright violations. If users do not upload their own work, they need to obtain permission from the owner(s) before it can be uploaded here. This permission needs to be clearly indicated. Best regards. Frank Naude 06:36, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi Frank, I deleted the file and a couple of others, I also start a talk Ssamiullah to ask him what he wants to do with his paper. Best regards. Michel Cadot 13:49, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
The last modification of SQL FAQ page tells the opposite what was said in the previous version about the pronunciation of SQL. I don't know which one is true, can you have a look at it. Thanks.
Michel Cadot 17:27, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Michel. I've seen the update, but don't know how to respond either. Best regards. Frank Naude 17:43, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
Steven Feuerstein page
- If he is the author the Wikipedia article we can keep it (he is the legal copyright owner). If not, we can still keep it, but we need to adhere to the conditions in Wikipedia's Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. This entails a link to the original article and giving credit to all significant authors of the document. Best regards. Frank Naude 07:37, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
It seems to be the main contributor of Wikipedia article (Berny68); I let you make the modifications that seem necessary for you. Best regards. Michel Cadot 08:38, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
Index-organized table wiki page
- My English isn't that great either, but I'll give it a go. Best regards. Frank Naude 17:45, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
This is far better now, thanks. Michel Cadot 19:03, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
Thanks, I notice that in code triple quotes are hidden and following text is bold, can you fix this? It is common in sql to have double, triple and quadruple single quotes
- Sorry Frank to interfere in your talk, just to mention to Laurent that he can use the "nowiki" tags:
- ''' Example '''
- The latter was written <nowiki> ''' Example ''' </nowiki>
- Michel Cadot 15:28, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
We have a new spammer with rude behaviour, he modified twice the Byte wiki page from 2 different IP, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52, allocated to the same organization "RapidSwitch Ltd" near Wichita, Kansas. I don't know if you have any action or report possibilities at your side to alert against the bad behaviour of this person, first to RapidSwitch then to an official US organization. I will ask the same question to our forum members.
Michel Cadot 08:45, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
- If it would help, you can "protect" pages so that anonymous users cannot edit them. Regards. Frank
- Thanks, I note this feature.
- Barbara gives a link in her post at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/mv/msg/178259/540283/102589/#msg_540283 some ways are mentioned to report spam. If you don't mind I will first report to RapidSwitch and depending on the answer, the attack of another page and your will, I'll go one step further mailing some mentioned agencies. Tell me if this is a trouble for you.
- Regards, Michel
- No trouble at all. Go for it! Frank
- RapidSwitch is a server hosting company based in UK (http://www.rapidswitch.com/about.aspx), I sent them a mail to their firstname.lastname@example.org address quoting the content the spammers posted here and giving their IP, and asking them to call these spammers to order. Michel
You don't need to activate flashback database to use the FRA; actually flashback database is one of the features of the FRA but it is not necessary. The size of the FRA is not a drawback, in my opinion, it depends on what you put in it. If you only put it redo logs, archived logs, disk backups... everything but flashback logs it takes no more space than what we used without the FRA as in this case the FRA is just a centralized replacement of the other FS or diskgroups you use for this. Now the space used by the flashback logs depends on what we do on the database and how long we keep the records. How much space it takes can't be seen as a drawback if you need the flashback database feature, as the size of the backups can't be seen as a drawback if we want to restore the database.
I think what you mentioned about Flashback database would be at a better place in the Flashback page.