Secure Enterprise Search
Oracle Secure Enterprise Search (also referred to as SES or OSES) provides a simple Internet-like search experience (think google.com) to users searching secure content inside the enterprise. Oracle SES leads to higher productivity and better access to enterprise information - while protecting sensitive data from unauthorized users.
By default SES only allows searches on public data, however, when you login, you get results tailored to your particular access level.
SES was previously called Ultrasearch.
 Internet vs Enterprise Search
Internet search engines:
- no security
- index only publicly available data
- selective indexing - only a subset of the Web can be spidered
- socially driven (i.e who links to what)
Enterprise search engines:
- index everything in company
- can apply security rules (ACLs) based on roles and responsibilities
- index multiple repositories (see Connectors)
Some of the search connectors provided are:
- Normal filesystems
- Oracle Database, SQL Server
- Oracle Portal, Oracle Content DB
- Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes
- Oracle EBS, SAP is planned
- Google Desktop
- Web content (internet & intranet)