Re: What is a database?

From: Derek Asirvadem <derek.asirvadem_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 05:01:09 -0800 (PST)

> On Thursday, 27 February 2014 22:56:41 UTC+11, Erwin..._at_ikan.be wrote:
>
> And I personally do not believe in protected definitions.
> Everyone should be free to redefine any term according to personal preference.

That is fine if you live alone on a deserted island in the pacific.

But if you operate in the normal human society, that is rebellion against authority.

That is a justification for committing fraud, theft, rape, murder, mayhem. You sell someone a "database" for six figures, and it turns out, why, you have a private definition of it. The customer is expecting the public definition of database, and you are supplying a filing system, no doubt written "in a D". That will land you in a private cell, so that humanity is protected from the likes of you. And if you keep denying the public definition, you will end up in a asylum for the criminally insane.

Or a deserted island. Madagascar, perhaps.

All frauds and serial killers have the same tired excuse.

> The ensuing confusion is actually a blessing for the economy.

That's exactly right. I am surprised that you admit it openly.

You operate in a black or secret economy. Most of humanity operates in the open, a white economy. Sure, it is a blessing for yours. It is a subversive curse of ours. History has not changed for centuries.

Cheers
Derek Received on Thu Feb 27 2014 - 14:01:09 CET

Original text of this message