Re: Question on Structuring Product Attributes

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:57:29 +0100

On 2014-02-27 08:02:17 +0000, Erwin.Smout_at_ikan.be said:

> On Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:10:03 AM UTC+1, Jan Hidders wrote:

>>> I believe that is the case, yes.

>>> But we do have some differences as well.

>> We certainly do. In all cases, thanks for livening things up a bit anyway. :-)

>>> Well, maybe I was not clear.  I may be aggressive about the lunatics

>>> and asylum dwellers who have written books, mountains of garbage, that

>>> have subverted the Relational Model.  The result is:

>>> - what is commonly known as the "relational model" bears very likeness

>>> to the Relational Model

>>> - people are distracted into dealing with the abnormal "normal forms",

>>> and remain ignorant re Normalisation

>>> - millions of people read that tripe and implement convoluted nonsense

>>> in their "databases", firmly believing it to be "relational". Their

>>> grand achievements are crimes against humanity.  I will not apologise

>>> for calling them what they are.

>>> Obviously that excludes the people on this forum.

>> Obviously. :-)
>>

>> -- Jan Hidders
>
> Hey Jan,
>
> You have any place where you do your "debunking dbdebunk" in public ?
>
> The flow of serious material to read has dried up a bit ...

Except here? No, sorry. Was tempted to debate Fabian Pascal on LinkedIn (he's advertising for dbdebunk a lot there lately), but my daytime job is a bit too busy at the moment to get drawn into long debates like that. But it's quite possible I cannot resist the urge to counter his pseudo-scientific nonsense in the near future.

  • Jan Hidders