Re: The same simple question to relational theorist (with video now).

From: Eric <eric_at_deptj.eu>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 11:45:04 +0100

On 2013-04-20, Evgeniy Grigoriev <grigoriev.e_at_gmail.com> wrote: <previous conversation snipped>

> Hi Cimode.
>
> Thank you. Really also I don't want to think about physical
> representation, data independence and difference between logical tables
> and relations. All these are very important, but I don???t want to think
> about these things, I have a system to care about them instead of me.
>
> I just want my data be _represented_ as a set of relations to get
> advantages of RM to manipulate and operate the data in relational
> perspective. Do you remember what a relational system is? Just
> "represented", not "stored" and not even "described".
>
> There is tons of bullshit over very simple and powerfull relational
> formalism. It seems to me that you prefer to dig this bullshit by hand,
> I use bulldozer.

You want to deal only with relational representations? Good. You have your "bulldozer" system? Good. Is it fast, reliable, scalable and safe? It had better be, and you can expect people to question this. Does it have usable and flexible tools to define how data is mapped (in both directions) between the relational representation and whatever the "bulldozer" uses for storage? I doubt it, because such mappings are an unresolved and probably unresolvable problem.

> Al last one question.
> Have you seen my demo? (You could see the bulldozer in action).
>
> Please use just yes/no in your answer, without any attempts to explain
> why. I understand all relational genius's arguments. The main one is
> "because only I understand everything, nobody else". Nothing personal :)

This is an open forum, there is no point in trying to specify how people should structure their responses to you. If, in addition, you turn out to be one of those people who get annoyed with others who don't follow your specifications, and refuse to talk to them unless they do, you will have no credibility whatsoever.

Are you sure that you too are not claiming to be the only one who understands everything?

Eric

--
ms fnd in a lbry