Re: RDBMSs timeline poster

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:40:36 -0700 (PDT)

Op maandag 17 september 2012 17:11:08 UTC+2 schreef Erwin het volgende:
> Op dinsdag 11 september 2012 10:48:15 UTC+2 schreef Jan Hidders het volgende:
>
> > Maybe interesting for the crowd here. Nice poster made by Hasso Plattner institute with timeline of several RDBMSs, sorry, SQL DBMSs, :-)
>

> > http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/fileadmin/hpi/FG_Naumann/projekte/RDBMSGenealogy/RDBMS_Genealogy_V3_print.pdf
>

> > -- Jan Hidders
>

> No mention of BS12, no mention of Dataphor, no mention of Rel, no mention of Muldis D, inhabitants of the one and only true relationland will be pleased to see that these guys know what goes on in their field of "expertise".

Not mentioning something on the poster does not necessarily imply they don't know about it. I would actually have been rather surprised had they been included.

About the creek and river: as far as I can tell they have no further meaning other then perhaps a vague allusion to a lost paradise.

  • Jan Hidders