Re: Is the party over?

From: VTR250 <google_at_m-streeter.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 17:26:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:49:03 PM UTC+10, Roy Hann wrote:
> I know Usenet has been pretty effectively hobbled if not completely
> killed off, but the conversations/squabbles that used to get
> aired here on c.d.t. must still go on somewhere.
>

> Where?
>
> --
> Roy

Hi,

This is not one of my core Usenet forums, so I haven't picked up on this post for a week. I don't think the conversations have gone anywhere. Some tech queries might be put out to Oracle groups like 'Ask Tom' or 'Stack Overflow' etc.

I think Usenet has been harmed by Google a bit because Google Reader doesn't handle threads like a real news reader.

Next time I post a question/answer I will make a reference to helpful information I got from Usenet (YOU!). Perhaps this will alert some people to Usenet. Perhaps you might try this too? Received on Wed May 16 2012 - 02:26:45 CEST

Original text of this message