Ping everybody (was: Is the party over?)

From: Eric <eric_at_deptj.eu>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:49:32 +0100

On 2012-04-03, Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat> wrote:
> I know Usenet has been pretty effectively hobbled if not completely
> killed off, but the conversations/squabbles that used to get
> aired here on c.d.t. must still go on somewhere.
>
> Where?

I have no idea where. But let's see how many people still look here from time to time - if you are reading this, say hi. Then how about somebody asks a question, or says something controversial (on-topic, of course). As long as there are servers that will accept users (free or paid), USENET is still alive, whereas any other forum exists at the whim of its owner.

Eric

--
ms fnd in a lbry