Re: The Relational Model & Queries That Naturally Return Duplicate Rows

From: Erwin <e.smout_at_myonline.be>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 15:36:38 -0700 (PDT)

On 10 okt, 00:14, Cimode <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Getting an unintuitive point across to somebody who
> probably never read any significant RM theory material

Hmmmmmmmm. Now I'm just being curious.

How can you match this claim of yours with the fact that the OP explicitly states in his question that

"Since this is not a relation - because it contains duplicate rows - ".

Do you think there exists any source _BUT_ "significant RM theory material" where he could have acquired the knowledge to state that ?

I'm also curious as to why he's asking to be pointed out what I think should be obvious, but then again recent discussions on other subjects have revealed to me that there is no predicting when people will fail to see the obvious, merely because of certain kinds of mental block they happen to be suffering from. I'm granting the OP the benefit of the doubt that he might be suffering from a mental block of the kind "surely if SQL is so widespread, then everything it does must be right". Received on Sun Oct 10 2010 - 00:36:38 CEST

Original text of this message