Re: The Relational Model & Queries That Naturally Return Duplicate Rows

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 00:35:16 -0700 (PDT)

On 10 oct, 00:36, Erwin <e.sm..._at_myonline.be> wrote:
> On 10 okt, 00:14, Cimode <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Getting an unintuitive point across to somebody who
> > probably never read any significant RM theory material
>
> Hmmmmmmmm. Now I'm just being curious.
>
> How can you match this claim of yours with the fact that the OP
> explicitly states in his question that
>
> "Since this is not a relation - because it contains duplicate rows -
Knowing that a SQL table is the implementation of a relation is the early stage of questioning the fundamental background of current implementations.

My guess is the OP is a student or self taught introduced to database systems trying to know more. My post was an attempt at encouraging such behavior. Received on Sun Oct 10 2010 - 09:35:16 CEST

Original text of this message