Re: General semantics

From: Tegiri Nenashi <tegirinenashi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:54:45 -0700 (PDT)

On May 19, 5:22 pm, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:
> ... The message I got from the book, at least the practical conclusion, is
> that we must always think separately about a system and reality, ...

This is a recurring theme in many science endeavors. I remember a story told by prof Mark Krasnoselski (RIP). "Here is a linear dynamic system with a simple positive lookback. It converts an input x(t) into x(t-T). Think about it: it predicts the future! When this has been discovered many "hands-on" people rushed to make actual implementations! Than he paused.... Do you understand the difference between the model and reality?" Received on Thu May 20 2010 - 03:54:45 CEST

Original text of this message