Re: looking for another one of Codd's papers

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:36:16 -0800 (PST)

On 21 nov, 18:16, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:
> One I can't seem to find is:
>
> E. F. CODD, "Recent Investigations in Relational Database Systems," IBM.
> Research Report RJ1385
>
> Grateful if anybody can point to a free link or even send it privately
> (just reverse the letters in the domain of my handle).
>
> I have a number of papers by Codd and Fagin, plus a few other authors,
> that I can send to anybody who asks.  Except for possibly one exception,
> they all have copyrights that allow non-for-profit distribution.
It is curious you mention this book...

A few monthes ago, I have unsuccessfully tried to put my hands on it...The next thing I have read is the following written at a later date. Hope this helps...

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/fagin/tcs93.pdf

I would appreciate if you could you post the papers written before RM was formulated initially. It is reasonnable to assume that the period between 65 and 68 was the period where Codd slowly went from mathematical and naive set theory to IS relation construct and I want to understand that refining process better (rather than simply its conclusions).

Thank you. Received on Sat Nov 21 2009 - 23:36:16 CET

Original text of this message