Re: hamsterdb Transactional Storage (thanks to all of you)

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:32:22 GMT

Clifford Heath wrote:
> compdb_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>>> That's interesting. Can you point me to some evidence of that?
>> I might have come to this conclusion because of  "A Call to Arms".

> Thanks, I hadn't read that. I found his big black book (with Reuter)
> hugely valuable; it's one of my most-prized books.

Gray has often been mis-classified. That book was unique, a bit of a cross-over, but the fact remains he was basically an operating system guy. Thirty years ago, he was ahead of his time when he picked up terms like "predicate" but used it for a more narrow purpose than it's used today. His actual field was concurrency, maybe more accurate to say physical concurrency. Sometimes I imagine that the logical concurrency field is yet to be invented. Received on Wed Sep 30 2009 - 10:32:22 CEST

Original text of this message