Re: more on delete from join

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 21:26:32 GMT

Nilone wrote:
> Your mention of 6NF got me thinking. The examples I've seen of
> problems with updateable views tend to involve union (particularly of
> similar but distinct relations), join and projection. Is view
> updating still a problem in a database where POFN and POOD apply to
> base relvars, and every view restricted to 6NF?

I don't know. I think Pascal and McGoveran are able to think much deeper than I can. Suspect I'll need to make a lot more mistakes before I see their point. One thing that troubles me is that they seem to assume a kind of discipline that is separate and external to relational algebra, but I don't know how to say why it bothers me. Received on Wed Sep 02 2009 - 23:26:32 CEST

Original text of this message