Re: WWW/Internet 2009: 2nd CFP until 21 September

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:24:26 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> If you are going to engage these folks, please address the most glaring
> problems in their positions and ignore the inconsequential details.

The main reason I might miss SQL points is that I know very little SQL.   Years ago I meant to learn it then I found out it's not based on relations and I figured life's too short to learn both. There seems to be evidence that learning both is hard for many other people.

But I enjoy reading about the trials of SQL, confirms my impression that SQL will never be complete, eg., have enough work-arounds to deal with the many arbitrary and obscure fences it puts up. (Thanks for the mention of the deferred work-around.) The RM might not be complete in some other sense but being better defined, suspect it has a better chance. Received on Wed Aug 12 2009 - 18:24:26 CEST

Original text of this message