Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 04:07:02 -0500

paul c wrote:

> Brian Selzer wrote:
>> "Nilone" <reaanb_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> On Jun 19, 1:35 am, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>

>> Don't let Bob fool you. His concern is only to discredit what I post since
>> it runs counter to what he believes.
>
> word to newcomers, 'belief' is something Bob B rarely talks about and
> has very little to do with the essence of db theory..

Actually whether one likes it or not, even the most cold-hearted and steely-eyed rationalist eventually has to just believe things. The trick is to keep beliefs to a minimum. Some of my beliefs include believing that the rules of first-order predicate logic can never fail, and that those rules are the same everywhere in the universe always. I have a few more, and so do you (and Bob) if you look deep. (None of this is to defend any claim that Bob "believes" some particular thing.)

--
Roy