Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: toby <toby_at_telegraphics.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:08:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 10, 7:15 am, dr.coff..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On 10 Jun, 00:12, "Walter Mitty" <wami..._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> > ...your target is to
> > build an Access application that stores and serves up data for analysis with
> > Excel.  Much of what I said, while true, is beside the point.  You can, in
> > fact, build a simple yet functional MS Access application without learning
> > much of any relational theory and without gaining much of any proficiency in
> > SQL.  ...
> Not to worry - I use MSAccess because of neessity (it's what
> I have available), not from preference.

That makes no sense. Dozens of proper RDBMS systems are freely available.

> > That was a useful way for me to understand it,  but may be the long way
> > around for you.
>
> Point taken. I use MSVisual Studio for my C++ programming,
> but do what I can to stick with standard-conforming C++.
> Not always simple or convenient, but I'll never give in
> to The MS Way.

You're already doing everything they want you to do - you choose to use their "operating system" and "programs", and no doubt will continue to give them money for both, until the idea occurs to you to stop - or it won't occur. Received on Tue Jun 16 2009 - 08:08:28 CEST

Original text of this message