Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:26:33 -0700

Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 12, 9:46 pm, "Brian Selzer" <br..._at_selzer-software.com> wrote:
>>
>> How many people with good ideas were driven away?
>
>How many with good ideas would have been driven
>away if Bob hadn't been there? We have no data
>either way.

     Quite. I can count at least two loons who are no longer here, for which I am quite thankful.

>> How many keep silent rather than risk one of his tirades?
>
>Same problem.

     Quite.

>> There is a cost to permitting his tirades to continue unopposed.

     Yes, we have to listen to your sort.

>Unopposed? What could you *possibly* be referring to?!
>Bob is *constantly* opposed.

     Well said, sir!

>If you want to complain to me about Bob, you are
>complaining to the wrong guy. I spent years trying
>to get him to be more polite. I put more effort into
>it, hands down, than any of you jonny-come-lately
>whiners. I had just about exactly squat for support.
>People complained, but *no one* was willing to join
>me when it came time to put up or shut up. Not that
>there was any shutting up to be had, mind you.

     I tried, too, but this group is far better off than when we had the loons. Bob is responsible for a large part of that, so much so that I give him latitude.

>So, you want to pick up the torch, knock yourself
>out. Me, I've been there, done that, changed my mind.
>Let's see if you last as long as I did. You've got a
>few more years to go still.

     Am I going to be entertained?

>Ugh. Everyone should just shut up about trying to get
>Bob to shut up for all his shutting people up.

     Shut up about all this shutting up. <BEG>

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.