Re: A good database monitoring program?

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:23:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 7, 6:16 am, Emre <emregur..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> First of all I can be said new at database stuff. I want to know how
> to test MySQL and PostgresSQL.

What kind of testing?
testing the product for bugs/features? Benchmarking? or
testing applications/data developed for/using the DBMS?

Performance testing? Functionality? Integration testing?

> ... I had googled some and I am thinking of
> using a monitoring tool. Any monitoring tool with graph reports like
> jmeter?

Since you haven't explained which "features" you wish to measure, it is impossible to direct you to any solution.

> For comparision operation I will need a dummy database with thousands
> of records. Is there any tool that generates data for specified
> schema.?

There may be test databases available. You failed to mention any application type, so again can't say what might help.

> My best Regards,
> Emre

Help us help you. A little more detail would help.

   Ed Received on Thu Oct 16 2008 - 19:23:28 CEST

Original text of this message